Monday, December 19, 2016

Premeiro Semana no Campo

Bom Dia!

I forgot my journal which had what I was gonna say, so you’ll get it next week.  I love it here but I know it is going to be very difficult, and a huge change in lifestyle. 

I work a lot in the favelas so I see a lot of poverty, but the people are happy.  The first lunch I had with a member here was one who lived in the favelas, and let’s just say I surprised myself on what I could eat, but I thanked them profusely for bringing us in.  Every lunch with members since than has been really good. 

My toe is doing fine and it feels a lot better.  My companion said that the president said that I don’t have to work hard or walk a lot these first few weeks, but I told him I wasn’t going to let it hold me back and we’ve been hard at work and the Lord has blessed me that I can walk as much as I have. 

My companion has 24 years and is from Mozambique which is cool.  He is a good trainer.  The apartment we live in is pretty dirty, and I thought that that’s just how it was, but I saw other ones in the same complex and theirs were really nice.  So this morning I told him we had to clean up.  I swept everywhere and he laughed when I moved the beds to sweep and said we didn’t need to mop and stuff.  I told him we need to buy bleach and cleaning stuff but he doesn’t care.  I’ll buy stuff and clean it.  You’ll hear about the rest next week but I’ll just focus on sending pics today.  [Editor's Note: You can find all of his pictures here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment